Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ok, I'm a slacker... :(

So after the incident with the sparrow, the rest of the week was just bleh.  Valentine's Day was busy and had a lot of ups and downs.  But I will say that I was very happy to find out that my hubby actually spent time getting me a pretty cute present.

I love puzzles and fun pens!
And we can all play with the Happy-Time Heart!
And then Friday was THERAPY DAY.  I've realized that unfortunately a good therapy session can be very emotionally draining.  Especially when you realize that sometimes you sell yourself short.  Like focusing on all the issues that crop up and affect your day, instead of seeing how well you handled them.  So from now on I'm going to try to focus more on the better side of the story!

Other than that, this week has been a mish-mosh of trying out different workouts when I felt I had the time to squeeze them in.  So no real consistency...I mean I'm glad I squeezed some in, but it wasn't as fulfilling as knowing that I'm following a program from beginning to end.  I thought that maybe if I changed things up a bit, I could find my workout mojo again, but that's not it.  I just felt blah this week and I let myself wallow in it.  And you can't FIND workout mojo, you have to MAKE it by being consistent.  At least that's what I learned this week.

And I know that I also slacked here with my Blog.  I just didn't think I had anything to write about.  But that was just the "BLAH" talking.  Sharing here is just like working out.  Gotta MAKE the time and just do it.  There's always something to share!

So thank you to those who are following my stories and believing that they are worth reading!  I will continue to share my journey with you!  And I'm planning on getting some of my favorite recipes up here this week.  So keep checking in!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I've had a lot of draining therapy sessions in my time and have found that it really helps if you can do something to fill yourself up afterward - lately I've been running post therapy but sometimes I go get my nails done or something like that just to get some sort of... validation feeling? Not sure if that's the right label.

    It's okay to have 'blah weeks' sometimes! It happens to all of us, especially at this time of year. What matters is that you still got your workout in and you also had some 'aha!' moments. It's all a learning process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being able to relate to some of this. I like the idea of running to lose some of the emotional baggage after therapy, or anything else for that matter. I think when the weather gets warmer here I am going to start adding in some running time for me and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete