Friday, July 20, 2012

My Insanity

Insanity is the hardest fitness program ever put on DVD.  This is no joke.  When you decide to do this program, you will work harder, be sweatier, and more sore than you have ever been your life.  But if you do it, you will be rewarded.



What is Insanity?  It is a program where the creator Shaun T. has flipped interval training upside down.  A lot of workouts have you working at a decent pace and then have you go all out for a minute before returning to normal.  Insanity is the opposite.  You will be going all out for 5-10 minutes, and then get 1 minute to get yourself back together.  And then you know what?  You get to do the same 5-10 minutes again, but HARDER!  And every workout is 45-60 minutes.  But it's only for 60 days!  Who can't commit to trying it for 60 days?  And you know what?  It's AWESOME!  Crazy Awesome!  Insanely Awesome!

He is NOT kidding!


So how was Insanity for me?  Well if you've read my history, you know that this is the first Beachbody program I did.  I started the program at 216 lbs.  And since I'm short, when I put on weight, it is dense.  So I put in the first DVD and MOVED!  I kicked, I bounced, I jumped...and I almost passed out!  Well, not really, but it was really intense.  I made it through the first workout and thought, "Ok, that was REALLY hard, but I did it.  I can do this.  I can keep going."  So I did.

And then I did the first Plyo workout.  Oh MAN!  Seriously?  You want me to do WHAT?  Lots of crazy jumping and not just for one set.  Ok, I can do this, right?  Right.  So I did.  Yeah yeah, I keep saying that and this is getting boring, but you just wait.  When you do this workout, you will see that there is a whole lot of talking yourself into continuing.  But you do it!



Anyway, the soreness set in during the first week. I felt like I had lifted weights with my entire body.  But it felt good to know that I had worked so hard.  The second week it got better and I started to lose weight.  It was amazing!

After 2 weeks, things got a little sketchy for me.  I know this won't happen to you, but you can still learn from my experience.  At this point I was dealing with some major emotionally zapping issues.  I didn't want to give up on Insanity because I told myself I was going to give it my all.  And I did as far as the workouts were concerned.  Even when my knees hurt, I kept pushing.  However, I fell off the meal plan and started to eat whatever I wanted for the next 2-3 weeks.  I will say this though, because of Insanity and how intense the workouts are, I did not gain any weight while eating all that crap!  But I didn't lose any either.

So I went into the second month with a better focus on what I should eat, but to be honest I wasn't perfect.  I kind of figured that if I was working this "f"ing hard, I should be able to have a little treat here and there.  I was kind of right and kind of wrong.  I still lost weight, but would have probably lost a lot more if I had really stuck to the meal plan.  When you do Insanity, the meal plan is just as important as the workouts!
So where does that leave me.  In 60 days, I lost 8 pounds.  Would I have liked to lose more?  You bet!  I had friends on the Beachbody message boards who lost 20-30 lbs.  But that's not the whole story.  The rest of the story is that I gained a ton of muscle, gained a LOT of flexibility (this is no joke, Shaun's stretches are serious!), and I lost 20 inches off my body!  If you don't really know what that means, picture a 20 inch diameter ball, and remove it from your body.  That's huge!  In fact, 8lbs, 20 inches is a pretty average size for a human baby.  I lost a whole baby!  And I look like I did too!  LOL!

Here are my before and after pictures.  They kind of make me cringe, but since I know I'm still shrinking, I'm going to share them with you.

                                               BEFORE:                                                                   AFTER:



So, are you ready to try the toughest workout ever?  Are you ready to give it your all?  I know you can!  In fact I know you can do even better than I did!  And I can help you through it!  I'm even planning on doing again! (when I'm done with Turbo Fire)
                                            Click here when you are ready...INSANITY
Be ready though, because as Shaun T says, "That $#!T is bananas!"  And it really is!  (It's my favorite Shaun T quote, I had to include it!)





No comments:

Post a Comment