Monday, April 8, 2013

Go Outside and PLAY!

I haven't posted for a few days because I have been trying to keep myself busy and out of the house.  I've been doing this Shakeology Cleanse with my Nutrition bootcamp group for the past 3 days and it can be hard to be around other people's food when you are trying to get clean.  So I spent a lot of time outside with and without my family.
Friday I made sure to take a casual walk with the dogs and my kids after they got home from school to get out of the house.  It was 30 minutes of pure joy because my kids almost never go with me anymore!
I even let them try to walk these crazy dogs.  And I was surprised at how well it went!
Then later in the day my husband and I took the kids to the playground and chased them around on the equipment.  We had so much fun together just playing and laughing!


It was a really great distraction for me so I didn't have to think about FOOD!  Although, don't get me wrong.  Doing the cleanse is not a practice in starving yourself, but you drink a lot of shakes, a few pieces of fruit, and only have one real meal each day.
 


The first few times I've done this cleanse I used to only eat a light salad with some grilled chicken breast, but I wanted to get a little more adventurous this time around.  So I gave up on the salad and made some cooked broccoli slaw and real broccoli instead.  Cooked in a pan with a little olive oil and some onion powder, garlic powder and dried basil and I was all set to go.  And this was way better than a salad!



Now I'm down 6 more pounds and over my sugar cravings!  And I am so thankful to my friends in my nutrition group for going through this with me.  Next up on my list is to start an actual program again and stick to it all the way through.
 

This is what I'm starting today.  Power 90 with Tony Horton.  It's kind of a precursor to P90X which I don't think I'm quite ready for.

If you'd like to join me, let me know!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment