Monday, April 1, 2013

The Plummet :(


So I haven't blogged in a few weeks.  Basically it's because I've been afraid to come here and admit that I have fallen...so far off course.  I've been blowing off my workouts and basically eating all sorts of stuff that I know I should not eat.


I have mentioned before that I suffer from depression, and that I get SAD in the late winter and early Spring.  For some reason, this year it was just really tough.  And it's been really hard for me to come to terms with it.  I mean, I'm a health and fitness coach, I'm supposed to be the one who knows what to do to get healthy.  I'm supposed to be an example of what I am teaching all the people I work with.  And I was really afraid that if I admitted to what's been going on, that my friends and clients would be disappointed in me.  But Dammit, I am a good coach, I'm just not always good at working on myself.

So this is my confession.  I have not been practicing what I preach.  But that is going to end here and now.  I am starting over from the beginning.  And as I pass each hurdle along the way, I'm going to post about them here on my blog.
The first one I managed to get control over the last few days has actually been my house.  When I fall apart, everything falls apart.  My house has been messy beyond control.  So I spent the last 2 days putting things away where they belong, catching up on laundry, and cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, and washing EVERYTHING.  And I know that a less cluttered home is going to make it easier to feel less cluttered in my head.
I am going to start a new workout program this week, and I am getting back on track with eating.  But really this is where I am for now.

And I apologize if this post seems to kind of ramble from one place to another.  Obviously I haven't cleared all the cobwebs out of my brain yet.  But I'm working on it.  So stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Go you getting back on track! You have lots of support from all over...you can do it!! What program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks so much for the support! It means a lot to know that i have such good friends out there to help me when I feel low. I'm actually starting slower this time and doing Power 90. And lots of walking!

      Delete