Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In memoriam - 26.2

 
I AM NOT A RUNNER
 
I may not be the fastest
or better than the rest
But I'm going to try my hardest
I'm going to do my best
 
For those that have been harmed
and those that have been lost
I'm putting on my shoes and running
no matter what the cost
 
I'm tying up my laces
making sure they're tight
I have no swag or shirt or colors
but I still think this is right
 
In support of those in Boston
Twenty-six point two I run
I may have to walk, or only go minutes
but I won't stop until I'm done
 
For runners are a community
who hold each other dear
They laugh and cry, rejoice and hurt
and for each other always cheer
 
So today I head out on the path
to do the best I can
because although I'm not a runner
Today I surely am.

~Erica Miller
 


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I ended up running for 13.1 minutes yesterday and I loved it! Of course I also walked for another 13.1 minutes to get a total of 26.2. :)

      Delete
  2. Really good poem Erica. You are talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much DeeAnn! It was just something I felt compelled to do. :)

      Delete