Monday, January 28, 2013

The 2-Day Fast

So as you already know, I LOVE Shakeology.  But I wanted to try some new products that we carry at Beachbody, so I ordered the 2-Day Fast.


I started it today because I have been still retaining water and I think salt and sugar are to blame.  I just needed something to kick this crap out of my body.  And while I think that doing a clease with Shakeology is one of the best things you can do for your body, I guess I felt that I needed something a little more extreme this time.  The last few times I tried to do a cleanse, I ended up slipping either at the end of the first day, or during the second.  So in my head I figured if I went EXTREME maybe I would actually stick to it.


Basically it's a protein/meal replacement drink that you have 3 times a day for 2 days.  That's it.  On top of that, you are urged not to work out too much.  Hmmm...I'm a little afraid that this might lead down that slope of no working out again.  But I'm not going to let it.  However, I'll be honest.  I am not following the guidelines exactly as they are written.  I personally don't think it's that healthy to eat so few calories per day even if you don't work out.  So I'm supplementing with some fruit and veggie smoothies to make sure I get plenty of healthy fiber and other nutrients in as well.  Plus my own coach has me in a group that is eating all 9 recommended servings of fruit and veggies this week.

This smoothie is just water, baby spinach, frozen strawberries, and a banana.

Anyway, I'm half-way through day 1 and so far so good.  I'll let you know how it went once I finish it.  So far I'm not really loving it, and I wish I had just stuck to my Shakeology shakes!  Oh well, live and learn.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment