Sunday, July 15, 2012

Unexpected Visitors

Ok, so I'm not perfect.  Nor do I ever expect to be.  (That was something I learned after having kids.)  So the last 3 days have been hectic.  I'm following a specific workout program (Turbo Fire).  I'm working on eating all the right foods at all the right times.  I'm trying to figure out my time management issues.  I'm working on building up my new coach business.  And people want me to make plans with them.  Like I don't have enough to do with taking care of my family and myself?  Kidding here, it would be a pretty boring life if I didn't make time to see friends and have plans outside of the all the health stuff.  But it did throw me off this week.  I am a creature of habit and I tend to get thrown off when the usual schedule changes.


So what does this mean?  It means, I didn't work out for 2 days and almost skipped yesterday too.  I was definitely bummed about that.  And while I tried to stay focused on the fact that it's ok to miss a few days, and that I'd been eating really heathy for those days, it still affected my mood all of yesterday.  When I was finally ready to get back in it yesterday, my kids needed me.  One wanted to cuddle and the other needed help fixing his Legos...and he was ready to cry about it.  So I'm just supposed to say, "Sorry honey, get over it.  Mommy has to work out now."  Yeah, like that was going to happen.  Nope!  I spent the next 45 minutes helping him, while cuddling the other one.  Then I looked at the clock and realized how late it was getting.  I went outside to take a few deep breaths and decided, "Screw it!  I can not do everything!"  So, this is when I decided to do something that probably wasn't the best idea.  I came back in, turned to my husband and said, "Would you mind running out for something?"





So this is what I sent him to get.  My "friends"  Ben & Jerry came for a visit.  And boy did I have fun with them.  See that pint up there?  Yep, the whole thing is gone now.  Ate the whole thing.  Hello 800 calories.  Hello sugar, I have missed you (and you are so much sweeter than I remembered!)  However, I will say that I was glad that I had him get the Fro-Yo version because at least there is a little more protein in it.  (Like it really matters with all that sugar, but at least I tried to make it better.)

So I did manage to get in a quick Core workout.  And I could actually tell that I had missed my other workouts.  But I did it.  And from now until a time far, far into the future, these guys


                                      are banned from my house.  I love them, but they will no longer be welcome here.  And if I need somthing sweet to eat I will make something myself that has all the right kinds of healthy ingredients in it.  Or I'll just freeze some chocolate Shakeology and eat that!


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to report that these two guys have not been back for any visits yet! :)

    ReplyDelete