Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Missed Another One?!?

So I missed a few workouts this week.  I ended up getting a cold (yes, in the middle of summer), but I'm not going to let it derail me.  In the past it always has.  I miss a few workouts, and I start to slide down that slippery slope into "No Workouts, Eat Crapville."  But not this time.  Sometimes it just happens that we end up missing workouts.  We are human, not perfect.  Whatever the reason for missing, the most important thing to do is not beat yourself up over it.  And to keep going.


I'm sick, so I have less energy right now for jumping all over the place and kicking my own ass.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop being healthy.  In the last three days that I've missed, I still had my Shakeology for breakfast every day, drank all my water, and ate healthy otherwise.  And it's not easy to eat healthy when all you want is ice cream for your sore throat, or any other comfort foods that you used to rely on when you feel crappy.  But it is possible.

So here's my unsolicited advice for how do deal with a missed workout, or even a few missed workouts.  "Get back on the horse!"  And as soon as you can, depending on what your reason for missing, schedule in that next workout.  And DO IT!


This may actually be harder than when you first started.  When you started, you were all gung ho and ready to take your life back.  Now you might be feeling kind of crappy because you missed some workouts, or you ate something that you shouldn't, or whatever.

KNOCK IT OFF!


Life is a challenge.  So challenge yourself to start over.  Plan that workout and get it done.  This one will be hard, but it will be worth it.  After that, the next one will be easier.  And then before you know it, it will be like you never missed. 
In the big picture, a few days of missed workouts is nothing.  So I've scheduled my workout for tomorrow, and I plan on doing it.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Just so you all know, I'm feeling better today and I went right back to working out. Fire 55 today (that's a 55 minute Turbo Fire workout). I don't want anyone to think I just talk the talk...

    ReplyDelete