Saturday, July 14, 2012

Time Management is not my Friend

Ok, so this blog is all about balance.  Well, I'm still working on it.  After missing my workout for 2 days in a row, enough is enough.  I mean, I'm a stay-at-home-mom...you'd think I have all the time in the world to get crap done.  Nope.  I lost my ability to manage time when my first baby came into the world.  So now that my kids are getting bigger (8 and 6), I should finally be able to get my life in order.  So far that is not happening.

I have a tendency to ignore what is a problem, and focus on something I would prefer to do.  I mean who wouldn't rather go for a walk with their dogs instead of doing laundry or cleaning the toilet.  But you know what, if you don't get those things done you end up naked with a dirty toilet! 


I've been focusing a lot of this summer on what to eat, and when to work out and then how to fit all the other things I need to do into the mix.  And I've been trying to keep it all in my head.  No more!  It's time I give in and go get some kind of day planner.  You know, the ones that have room for you to schedule every hour of the day.  And I'm going to spend some time this weekend filling it in for the next week or so.  I will SCHEDULE my workouts, I will SCHEDULE my meals, I will SCHEDULE the stupid laundry and house cleaning, and I will SCHEDULE when to plant the flowers that have been sitting in my backyard for weeks waiting to be planted.


So if you are having trouble getting in all the things you want to do with your day, follow my lead and we'll figure it out together!  And feel free to let me know how it's going or even offer suggestions for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment