Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Walking for Vitamins

 
So yesterday was a great day.  The sun was finally out and it was just warm enough (for me!) to actually take my dogs out for a good long walk.  They were thrilled, I was thrilled!  It felt so good to just get OUTSIDE and move.  I mean I workout at home usually, but I really like when I can just move and actually be going somewhere, ya know?
And if you've read some of my other posts, you know I've talked about depression before.  But this year I actually noticed that I do in fact suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) as well.  Basically when you spend a lot of time indoors due to the cold and darkness of winter, your body is not exposed to the sun as much (if at all) and you lack your body's major source of Vitamin D.  It's one of the reasons more people get blah during the winter, but it can affect some people more deeply and I'm finding that I am one of those people.
Anyway, getting out into the sunshine was a huge mood booster!  I was a happy lady!  My dogs got so dirty and I didn't even care.  :)  Got some stuff done around the house, got some work done that I'd been putting off, and I ate all the way healthy for the rest of the day.  I even cooked!  Well not a lot, but I did make some healthy whole grain pasta for dinner and added in some veggies to make it even better.  A little olive oil, a sprinkle of garlic, onion powder, basil and a little Parmesan cheese and I was loving my dinner!
If you'd like to know more about why whole grains are so good for you, check out the post I did with my team blog here.  And I KNOW I don't need to tell you why veggies are so good!  LOL!
 
What is your favorite way to give yourself a little boost when you get the "blahs?"

No comments:

Post a Comment